All valid entries will be eligible for prizes. Entries are deemed valid if:
- they are understandable;
- they show that the participants are serious and that a minimum amount of effort has been made;
- they are politically correct and not insulting;
- they meet all the requirements stipulated in these competition rules.
The team in charge of running the competition reserves the right to eliminate any entry that does not meet the criteria stipulated above.
Deadline for submitting entries
All of your material must be uploaded at the latest by 15 May 2019.
The winners of the international competition will be selected by an international panel made up of road safety and mobility experts.
The winners will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Identification of the issue in the community : Clear description of the issue identified at community level. Level of analysis conducted by the pupils to understand the issue. Relation to road safety and mobility issues.
- Relevance of the approach : Suitability of the approach chosen and the media used to convey the message. Implementation and relevance of the initiative developed by the pupils to resolve road safety issues and improve mobility in their community.
- Ability to convey the message : Clarity and effectiveness in conveying the message and encouraging people to reflect on individual and community habits and lifestyles.
- Creativity : Level of innovation and originality in the approach proposed.
- Impact : Impact of the initiative in the local community. Level of interest aroused among community stakeholders.
- Participation : Level of pupils’ participation and sense of ownership.
- Quality of the material presented : Clarity and appeal of the material uploaded to present the activities.
The first 3 winning contributions, ranked 1st to 3rd, will receive a Tablet Pro or prize of similar value.
The other 5 winning contributions, ranked 4th to 8th, will receive a Tablet or prize of similar value.
Notifying the winners
Rights and authorisations
The participants hold all necessary rights and authorisations relating to the texts, photographs and films used to enter this competition and guarantee that nothing impedes their participation in the competition and the use of their entries by the organising team in accordance with the provisions stated herein. The participants certify that their contribution is not subject to copyright protection and as such can be freely disseminated under the Safety and Mobility For All programme.
Participants therefore guarantee the organisers against any claims or actions that may be brought in any capacity whatsoever in connection with the exercise of rights granted for this competition. Participants certify that they are in possession of all necessary approvals from any person involved directly or indirectly in the production of competition entries, including writers, actors, authors, music performers, graphic designers, photographers and developers, and from any other party involved in creating or executing the contributions.
This includes parental authorisation for using the image of any minor appearing in the contribution. As a consequence, the organisers will have all the rights to publish the images of all participants on the Safety and Mobility For All website or on the Your Ideas, Your Initiatives social media pages.
In the event of force majeure or if circumstances dictate, the organisers reserve the right to amend these rules or to postpone or to cancel the competition.
Accepting the rules
Taking part in this competition implies full acceptance of these rules in their entirety, including, as and when required, any amendments and addenda.