Our presentation looks at the problems that arise from urbanization and how technology plays a part in global warming from cars and greenhouse gases.
Our main topic is urbanisation. We've discussed pressing issues that are a result of urbanisation such as overcrowding from large populations concentrated in one province, potholes, unequal subsidizing of funds in residences and how materials /substances used to make tar contribute to global warming. It's been observed that taxis tend to overtake other cars when there is too much traffic; this is due to time pressure because there is a massive amount of people that have to be transported. Due to government not attending to matters such as potholes in middle and low income residencies, random people have tried to fix them by adding sand into in the holes, causing uneven road structures, where fatal injuries by accidents may result. As a result of corruption, some police officers secretly accept bribes because their incomes are low. Visibility on roads is not clear enough, resulting in car crashes when road users fail to see clearly because street lights are badly lit at night. All this endangers the lives of people on the roads.
We've come up with solutions to improve safety on the roads such as:
- making driving part of the school curriculum for high school students,
- asking the government to provide middle and low income residents with adequate drainage structures,
- requesting government as well as business men or woman to create jobs in other provinces instead of clustering them in one CBD or province,
- putting up posters to reinforce the idea of not littering on roads,
- improving signage in rural and urban areas because they are quite poor,
- increasing visibility on roads,
- trying to find a substitute for asphalt (the substance used in tar) so that greenhouse gases aren't emitted,
- urging government to subsidize funds equally.
We've put posters up on our school boards to raise awareness at our school. We've used emotive and persuasive quotes which seem to be very effective. From our observations we've seen improvement; parents are kindly urging their kids to fasten their seat belts and litter is slowly decreasing.
We've researched some solutions, but most ideas came from our own brainstorming and knowledge. Our whole campaign was aimed at youth, parents and everyone else who enters our school campus so that they can also educate their relatives and friends.
We've put posters in our school boards to raise awareness in our school .We've used emotive and persuasive quotes which seem to be very effective . From observation we've seen improvement , parents are kindly urging their kids to fasten their seat belts and litter is slowly decreasing .
We've researched some solutions , but most of them came from our own brainstorming and knowledge. This whole campaign was aimed to youth, youngsters, parents and everyone else who enters our school campus so that they can also educate their relatives or friends.